Monday, February 11, 2008

Odd stuff to update on...

I know it's been a while since I have updated! And I am sorry about that. With working, running a house and trying to have a baby...my life seems really busy.

January flew by so fast here! I did get to spend time with Samantha when she was here. She came for business and stayed to spend time with me. That week seemed to be going great! Sam flew in on Tuesday and we had dinner. The next day I got really sick and FAST...by 3pm I could hardly swallow and couldn't get warm (which sucks when it's 80 degrees outside). I had to call Don (because we still share a car and he had it that day) and take me to a walk in clinic. I got strep throat (which is no surpise to anyone that really knows me because I get it all the time), but sucked because Samantha was going to stay a couple nights here and I didn't want to get her sick. So I called work and my "boss" told me that I was NOT welcomed back until Monday. So I slept for a couple days and started to feel much better by Friday when we got to pick Samantha up. I tried so very hard to be a good hostess, but I think I could have done better if I was feeling better. Friday night we took her out to eat and then to a movie. But Saturday I thought we would go to the Farmers Market in St. Pete (which Sam and I love to go to) picked up a few things for dinner, and then headed to the Kumquat Festival. I think I would have been just fine at the festival except it started to rain (a very cold rain) on us so I was done with it. I cooked her dinner and we watched some movies. I know not real exciting (Samantha--I am sorry...I'll do better next time), but when you are fighting a 102 temp...you just go with it!

But lately I have been just working and trying to get my strenght back from being so sick. It's almost been a month but somedays I feel so beat-up! Nothing real exciting has really happened with us lately! Today we went to the state fair so I'll try to update on that soon! I have a few pictures for you below...a couple from when we went up north for Stephen and Jennifer's wedding and one is Sam at the Kumquat festival. Enjoy and I promise to update better--very soon!

No comments: