Monday, July 31, 2006

Busy Weekend

This weekend went fast! Thursday Don and I started out to Virginia. It was a long 13 hour trip. We got down there and got settled for the night when the guys interviewing Don changed our afternoon interview to a morning interview. On Friday we met the guys and talked about the job over breakfast. We were then shown 3 of the 10 Funeral Homes that Don would work out of. (Now I know I married a Funeral Director...but I'm not into touring them...that is not sight seeing that I like to do.) We spent all morning and part of the afternoon with them. And were sent on our way to the next Hotel and told to look around the area to see if it was somewhere we were willing to move to. We spent time getting lost in Chesapeake, VA ... and I have to say...it's beautiful. We found a few apartments that we could live with. But the major problem we will have is taking ALL our dogs...most of the apartments only allow 1 or 2 small dogs. We did find ONLY ONE that we could take all three...but they sounded very full.

After we took our tour of Chesapeake...we went to Williamsburg to the the Yankee Candle Company. That was very fun (for me). Then we tried to make our way back to our hotel. Then on Saturday we took some time to go on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. It was really cool! There are 3 bridges and 2 tunnels to cross the Chesapeake Bay.

We left Saturday afternoon and hit some horrible traffic from Virginia Beach to Richmond. I didn't think we were ever going to leave the state...it took 14 hours to get home...arriving at 3:30am. I learned I should not let Don decide at the last minute to sight see...but we did have Fun!

(for some reason I can't upload pictures...but as soon as I figure out what I did...I'll post some!)

Have a great week and stay cool!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've always loved Virginia... when do you find out for sure if he gets it?