Thursday, March 05, 2009

Just to Let you know we are still here...

I thought I better write before you thought we fell off the face of the earth...well...we didn't. Just seems most days there isn't much to say except that I have NO life. Well that hasn't changed at all, but I thought I might catch you up on what is going on...(some of which I cant talk about right now online, and hope you understand).

First and for most...Don has made up his mind that since there isn't a job out there that he is going to look into going back to school. He is still looking for work, but with jobs not out there...he has to do something...so he is looking into nursing school.

I am still working. I love the company I work with, but wishing that there were good workers out there that I could hire! I have been a manager at this store now for 9 months (dang it doesn't seem that long) and I just had my second inventory. But the numbers are totally looking so much better than when I got there. It's not in the ball park yet of the store that opened the week before it did...but we are catching up. We just had the Regional Vice President, Terrory Manager in and they LOVED my store. So with all the "big" things now out of the way for a few more months...I can sort of breath a sigh of relief.

Don and I are really involved with our church. Both of us holding 2 callings. I love mine...I work on the activities committee (with Don)...we have had great comments from EVERYONE how great the ward activities are going. How great they love the new ideas. And my other calling is working with the Young Women as their Personal Progress leader (which is the same calling Stephanie has in her ward). I have leard a lot so much in the short time I have been doing this new calling. I grew up in the church and did my personal progress as a youth but seeing these girls do their's and growing...it's so wonderful!

If you have good ideas on activities I can do with the girls please share. They are really want to do a sleep over...so that is what I'm working on right now...how we can do it. We are working on a cookbook for them so that would be a great time for them to really work on it...and anything else the need to work on.

Other than that we are just going one day at a time. I'm hoping all is well with all of you! I'll try to blog soon! Keep in touch...

No comments: