Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas is Days away

I'm so not ready for Christmas! Being that I got a late start on the season...and seems that I left a box of gifts in storage in Indiana...I'm just not ready! It's hard to think of Christmas again without MY family around, but in exchange for my family--Don's sister (Evie) is coming. I'm totally excited and nervous that she is coming! I'm nervous because I have been working on our apartment so hard and that I just want her to feel at home. But I know that will pass as soon as she gets here! But I'm overly excited to have her come and just be here! It will feel my days with something to do besides taking the dogs out for a "walk". I have cleaned and re cleaned my apartment--I have to stop of the paint might come off the cabinets. I just have a few more things to do--like mop floors...but I'll wait to do that tomorrow so the dogs can't mess them up too much!

Don seems to have a lot of things planned for his few days off with her. So when he is off we will be BUSY. I hope Evie rests up for it...I know that he will have us on the go!

I will miss Indiana, snow or no snow. I miss getting up opening gifts with family...spending the day preparing food for Dinner...and then having everyone over for chats, games, fights, and food. My heart aches knowing that I won't be there. So I'm planning (as I did for Thanksgiving) to have dinner at the same time as Mom's dinner. That way I know that we be "eating together". (I know--I know--I'm sick in the head.) I'm hoping that my family in Indiana will update very well that way I can read how much fun I missed!

I still have to go and buy a few more gifts, but for the most part I'm done. All wrapped and everything! Well--I have to go clean the dogs' bed and get them bathed! I hope Everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I could be in Indiana too... maybe next year.

Have a blast with Evie!! <3

Have a very Merry Christmas!!! We love you and miss you all lots!!

Stephanie said...

WE will miss not seeing you this christmas it will be really strange. My mom isn't coming down from Wisconsin either so it will feel like only half the family will be there. I'll try to update as best I can so you will know what's going one.

Take care!