Monday, September 17, 2007

Exciting times at our house!

Saturday I was replanting some of my herbs...then the phone rings. Of course (you know me) I have to answer the dang thing. Just to be asked to make something for another church member. But while I was away from my pots...some of the dirt fell into my kitchen sink...while I thought I would clean it up and when I went to scoop it up...it HOPPED to the other side of the sink. While if you know me...I'm not too good with nasty frogs or anything really yukkie from the outside. So I had to go wake up my sister-in-law (Evie) to get it out (That one as only the size of a fifty cent piece). As I was placing the pots out on my porch I notice there are dime size frogs in all 3 pots...yes Miracle Grow gave me 6 small frogs in my dirt. Nice huh? I had to call Don at work to tell him and he just laughed. I went back out to take pictures of them but couldn't find any...I think they dug down into the dirt.

Then yesterday I get a call around 3pm from Don. He had to work and he normally doesn't call. It turns out he got poked at work. Okay that doesn't sound real good but that is what happened. After embalming a woman he went to do some work on her lips...the needle bounced off her lips and into his thumb cuticle. It was deep enough to get a small amount of blood out of so he had to file a report. His boss sent him to the clinic but it was closed so he went to the ER for a work up. He not only need a drug test, but they had to get blood from him and had to poke him 4 times for blood (which left nice bruises). He is being tested for all the nasty things one can come into contact with in his line of work. They have him on a ton of meds and he will have to be tested once a month for the next 6 months for AIDS and all that crap! So it was good that he had 2 days off in a row. His meds are playing with his body so hopefully by the time he has to go back to work he will be okay.

Right now I'm trying to pack things up so when we move next month everything will be done. My only problem is once I pack a box...is where to put it. There isn't much free space to place boxes. So I'm going kind of slow right now. I'm also getting ready to do a makeover night with some of the girls at the church. It's one of their activities they have planned and asked if I would help. So with the help of my friend, Kelly, I have products to use on them. I'm also making up some info for them to have from my school stuff. I figured I have paid alot for my education I could share a little of it. I hope it's goes well...I have that right before the big move. SO that will be fun planning that and getting everything packed up.

I don't think I got the job at Candlewood, but I have applied for some more jobs. Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Well--You guys have a good week and I'll update when I know more about Don's sickness!