Sunday, November 08, 2009

The Slacker I really am!



Okay...I was out looking at Jackie's blog and now I really feel bad. It's been forever. I'm going to try to do better! In the last 6 months my world turned upside down and was shaken a little. With the passing of my grandfather, moving back to Indiana, having Don go back to school with not job, and now with me not having an income either has really been eye opening. I know that things will be okay in the end...but getting through the tough road is the challenge.

Don is just about half way through his first semester. I'm not sure he really likes school but knows it's what needs to be done to have us on our feet again. He is really trying to keep up a good front for me!

I was hoping by now I would have a job with my old employer but that doesn't seem to be what's going to happen. Annette got hired to manage a Hickory Farm booth in Kokomo at one of the malls...She has hired me to help her out...so for 5 to 6 weeks I'll have some kind of income.

If that isn't rough enough...not having health insurance is really knocking at our door...Don can't seem to stay well. He has NEVER been this sick our whole marriage...and now it's one thing after another. I pray that the small amount of money I have set aside will do but I'm feeling the bite!

As for our marriage...November 27th is our 10th Anniversary. I'm shocked he has stayed married to me that long. YES--I do know that I'm not easy to live with...and very bossy...so VERY shocked he stayed with me!

The last week we have had the joy of helping out Ronna and Jeff. Ronna has had family issues she had to go take care of ... so we got to take care of the boys and I have to say...Not always joys but joyful that we could do it! I love them so much. But with being "home" we have gotten to take care of a lot of the little ones! I totally enjoy doing that.

I know this has been a lot of nothing...but I thought I would post it anyways! I will post again soon!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Cool! I have to admit, I thought something was wrong with my blog feed when I saw the recent update! :) Keep it up!!!! And hang in there!

J