Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Christmas Present"

For Christmas 2009 I didn't know what to get my brother (Stephen) and his wife (Jennifer). They are those family members that have EVERYTHING...and trying to figure out what to get them is a hard thing...especially since Don and I don't have lots of money. So when I called them to ask what they wanted the worse answer came "we just want your love". For heaven sakes where do you buy that and if you can how much is that going to cost me??? So I worried for days and days and came up with a thought ... I'll give them certificates (I made them 2) to have dinner made at their house or ours. I figured that was a lame gift but with a talk with my sister (Samantha)...she reassured me that would be a GREAT gift. So that is what they got....and they asked to use one of those certificates. So they drove down to have dinner with us. I used my friend Lori's french bread recipe, my mom's red cake with boiled icing recipe (changed up the color of icing), and had some boneless pork chops...and other things...but it's always great to have family over and eat good food! I am happy to report Stephen and Jennifer did not leave hungry! Here are a few pictures of food for you to enjoy!























No comments: