Monday, October 16, 2006

A Dark Cloud?

The last week and a half have been really hard around here. Don's mom (Linda) was taken to the hospital. Her health since I have known her has gone down (she's only 57). She has a very strong spirit! But she was taken to hospital that wasn't equipped to deal with her problems and they had to sedate her and fly her to the university of Utah hospital. They have taken her off the medication to keep her asleep, but now she isn't waking up. Don talked to a doctor today-- and they are unsure IF she will wake up. Now he feeling lost--even with being a funeral director-- he has never been on this side of it. He feels so dang helpless--being so far from his family--but really not being able to fix the problem. I just feel like a ding-dong because I don't know what to say, but for what the church has taught us. I know that isn't helping him in his time of being lost.

It doesn't help that tomorrow--we are putting Kanga down. So, I know it can't be easy to have to deal with his mom's health, dealing with putting down the dog we breed Tigger for, and getting ready to leave (by himself) on Friday. We seem to be dealing with an uphill battle! It doesn't help that we won't know if we are pregnant for a few more weeks...and it is all piling up and I'm hoping we won't crack under the pressure.

Don and I did have a good evening tonight. We were invited over my grandparents house for dinner. We love spending time with them (not enough time though). We had good food, good company, and good time playing card games. I wish--Don and I had more time to have spent with them.

You all have a good week--and I'll update soon. I'm going to post pictures of Kanga when I can do it without tons of tears!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It sounds like this is just a crapy week all over. I will be thinking of Don's mom this week, also of Don. I am also sorry to hear of Kanga I know that your dogs are very important to you both. Keep faith.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear of your dark cloud. Hopefully it will move along soon. I am so sorry to hear about Don's mom and Kanga. It is hard to know what to say in times like that. Just keep your head up.. there is light at the end of the tunnel... We love you all and miss you lots!!