Saturday, October 21, 2006

Time to Heal...

Yesterday--Don flew to Utah to be with his sisters and mother. He was able to see his mom and say his goodbyes. She was then taken off all machines and let to return to Heavenly Father. Last night when I talked to Don--he say "it was like she wanted". And in my heart I'm sure she did wait. I think Don is now on auto. He has already called the Funeral Home (the one he worked for in Provo) and is just matter-of-fact about things and what needs to be done. Don has already written the obituary, the plans for the memorial service are almost done, and he says he's okay. I'm glad he is there with his sisters because they need his strength to move through this.

I'm not sure if he really has taken the time to grieve or if it will hit him while he is there. But he did tell me last night that he is at peace with everything now. It has been hard for him to be so far away and dealing with his mom's sickness over the phone.

On Thursday I had to call his "new" boss (in Florida) to let her know what was going on. She was so cool about everything. She told me that even though none of them have met Don--they know that he needed to be with his family and to "take care of business" in Utah. And that to keep her informed of what was going on. I'm so glad he got a cool boss that understands!

So here is the update on our move! Don flies home Friday night (the 27th) from Utah. On Saturday the 28th (sometime--not too early) Don and I will be driving to Florida together. I know that wasn't the plan, but nothing has gone as planned with this move. My mom is helping me get a moving company to come and get our stuff and drive it to Florida this next week. So what that means is Joyce is making a mad dash to finish packaging EVERYTHING by Thursday (that's the day the movers are coming)! Friday I get to pick up my husband and we are off! I know that some of my friends are a little upset that I am leaving 2 1/2 weeks early, but I'm sure they understand why I'm leaving early.

I'm mailing out cards today to everyone with our new address and phone number. Well-I got to get busy with everything. Have a great weekend and stay warm!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

So sorry to hear about Don's mom. Just remember, God won't dish out anything you can't handle!!!