Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sad times

Late last night Don received a call from his sister (Evie) that their mom is going to pass. So in light of all that is going on in our home--he leaves tomorrow for Utah to say goodbye to his mom, and to help Evie through this tough time. He's a little lost being on the grieving side of death. He has never been in the shoes he has to wear now--and I think it makes him a little nervous. So--he will leave tomorrow morning (early) and be there about a week.

Now I'll have to call all the companies even the apartment complex to let them know that Don won't be there for another week. But I am going to look into moving companies so that I might drive down with Don. I just feel like a fool not knowing what to say to Don and his sister. His youngest sister is just being her hateful self. She is blaming Evie, and going back to her normal actions. I feel sorry for Evie because she and Linda have been so close and now she lives out in the middle of nowhere, and now she has no one close.

I do have to say that I was lucky to have a mother-in-law like Linda. She made me feel like one of her own children. She has such a strong spirit! I am glad we have the gospel in our lives and know where she is going. And that if we strive hard that we all will be together after this time on earth. Linda's health has been her ball and chain for a while now--but she will be free of pain and her body will be in the most perfect form. She will be able to do things she hasn't be able to do in a long time--and will be able to rest. My heart is full knowing that she has touched my life and I was able to know her for a short blink of an eye. But I'll have the rest of eternity to know her better! We are a forever family!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

So sorry, Joyce... My thoughts and prayers are with you and Don's family...!

Sarah said...

Like I said before.. I am so sorry to hear of yours and Don's loss. One good thing is that he was able to go and say goodbye to her. Please let me know what I can do to help you all thru this horrible time... talk to you soon!

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that hard times are ahead of Don. It's easy at first but it will get harder but knowing that she's in a much better place makes it easier to handle. Send Don my thoughts.