Tuesday, March 13, 2007

uploading pictures & update

I have been wanting to upload pictures...but I have been too lazy! I'm getting ready for all my company that is coming. I know-- it's no excuse not to get other things done. But with church stuff (which takes up a lot of my time), and cleaning/getting ready I'm just getting lazy when I'm online. But here are some pictures to make you laugh and to see our newer plants...

This is Don with the puppies (Tigger and Roo) in Jacksonville...this picture cracks me up and I just wanted to share it with you! The dogs didn't much like the fake hair and beard. But that's a dang good looking Christmas tree behind them!


This poor thing is what we are hoping will come up as a "Honey Tangerine" tree. We got some from the grove and loved them...so we planted some seeds to see if we could make them grow. We are still watching it! And the gate is to keep little dogs out of the dirt!


This is Don's mini Lemon tree. It started to finally sprout new leaves. I should have been taking pictures from the start of the sprouting it has been cool to watch...maybe next time...the new leaves are the small yellow/green ones!


And this poor thing is my newest herb garden. The Rosemary in the back left has died...it was sad when we bought it but I thought I could save it...I was wrong! But the other herbs are wonderful! We have even used them in some of our cooking. Don thinks he's a real chef now using fresh herbs.

The weather here is good for the plants so hopefully they will grow great! I really don't have a green thumb but I thought I would give it a try! You never know.

On other news...Evie is getting her stuff together so she can move in June! But she has posted her resume on a Education website and has had a "hit" but it's from Miami. But it's promising to see she has put up one and it's already had a hit. Poor thing still doesn't have her car fixed yet (from the accident her sister had in it around Christmas). It should be done SOON (so they say). Other than that it seems like she is moving forward and time is moving fast.

Don still likes his job, and moving up the ladder. One of the other embalmers left (or was asked to leave) yesterday. So he won't be on the bottom for long! It kinda looks like one more might be leaving soon. So up the ladder he goes! Don likes his boss and the guy he is "teamed" with so that makes a big difference!

Well--I hope to post again soon! My mom gets here Thursday and we have somethings planned so I hope I remember to take my camera so I can post some of what we did while she was here! Have a great week!

No comments: