Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Busy times...

I went out on the web and looked up blogs of people I knew and I'm like "dang--no one has update but Christina". Then I was sitting here thinking "when was the last time I updated?". The answer "TOO long"! So here we are--an update!

After all my guests left I was feeling down in the dumps. Since Don and I have 3 day passes to Disney World and he had a day off...he decided to take me to Epcot to have a day of people watching. That is about my favorite pass time! So we went and saw all the changes Epcot has made since we were last here (about 6 years ago). It was a beautiful day...Sunny but cool. We took some funny pictures of us with monkey bodies...and with funky lips...and just had a good day. I will enclose a slide show to show the day.

Right now I'm working against the clock to get ready for Evie's move. Since she has decided to move here I haven't done too much...but talk about getting things done. Well--she bought me a one way ticket to Utah to come help her finish packing and have a HUGE yard sale. And then help drive a Uhal from Utah to Florida. But there is one problem...we are NOT ready on this end. I leave here May 9th so that Evie doesn't have to spend Mother's Day by herself...it's the first since her mom passed away.

I have had to repack all the boxes that are sitting in her room--since we are still living out of boxes most of the time. So--I have started our hurricane kit and repack boxes. Don will take them to a storage unit the first part of June. So that her room is some what emptied out once we make the trip back. Don laughs at me...I work so well under pressure. I have spent 3 days getting ready and I think it's about half way done. Knowing that there is only 2 weeks for me to get everything done and myself packed makes me work harder and faster. I can get a lot of things done if I have to!

Don is scheduled to take his state board test on Thursday...He will even know if he passed and what he got that day. Much better then Indiana's tests! So he is studying for that test. His boss (Mary) and I both are worried about his test...he hasn't really been studying until lately. But then again he usually crams the night before and passes so I'm hoping with a weeks study he might get a really good grade...but really all he needs is a 75%. The funeral home is down to 2 embalmers so he works 5 to 6 days a week. But I think Mary might be redoing their schedules so that they don't have to work so much...not that we are minding the extra $$.

Well I'll let you know about his test when I know! But that's all the news I have right now. But when I go on this trip I'll take pictures so that I'll do posts when I get back! Have a great week and enjoy my pictures!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Neat pictures :] I haven't been to Epcot since my Sophmore year in high school!!! LOL Glad you enjoyed your day with Huncle Don. Good luck with all the packing and such - atleast you are staying busy!!