Thursday, June 29, 2006

Making Choices

This past week and a half has gone fast for me. Don got a job offer in Ketchikan, Alaska. I have been online searching for info and ways for us to get there. Every step I took forward...I got knocked on my butt. First, we looked at pulling a trailer up there...well to rent one for that far is way to much...so we have called moving companies...and they too think everyone has deep pockets. Well dealing with that I have been also trying to find an apartment up there...Let me tell you a little about Ketchikan, AK...it's an island (and everyone up there when you call tells you that). They don't measure rain by inches...they do it by feet...like last year they got 123 FEET of rain (fun, fun). They are in the middle of their tourist season there...and there are NO apartments to rent until Sept. But I didn't want to rain on Don's parade. Ever time I thought I got somewhere it really was a wall that was around the corner.

Today Don decided that since...I didn't really want to go that far from family...that he would turn the job down. I feel sad for him that he turned down a chance to be in the business, but I'm kind of happy that I don't have to fake being happy for years. So we are still on the hunt for a funeral job for him.

No comments: