Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Seeing Red

Today I'm coming out of the funk of the baby blues...but I was told something that just makes me mad! My "friend" Becca (who I went to cosmetology school with) borrowed some money from me in January with the repayment in February. She wasn't able to repay right away and I have asked for repayment when I saw she was making money. Since we worked together I thought it wouldn't be a problem for repayment. Now that we don't work together (that's another story all on it's own) I have called her a few times and asking when I would get it. She took my address and told me that she would be sending it soon. Today, Don went to the shop (I wasn't feeling well so I didn't go) that she works and asked her when we would get repayed. Becca then calls me on my cell phone (not my home phone) and asked if I sent him as a strong armed act. (If I was going to strong arm her I would not send Don ... I would go myself ... I don't need anyone to do my dirty work.) Anyways, she starts all this crap about how people told her that I talked bad about her (like the owner, the owner's daughter, customers, and people we went to school with). I really thought that she was my friend and was shocked when she started all this...but then went on to say how customers told her that if they called when I was there that I would either say she's not in or book them with myself. In my mind, I was having flash backs of beauty school, and high school. She is pregnant and is due soon so I know she is having problems. I told her that if people were talking like that she should have called and gotten the story straight. She was like "I don't need this crap, and I thought you were my friend". She also told me that she had to fix hair color I did and crap like that. You know that I have only one person I truely screwed up on and that is my own mother...with help from an instructor in beauty school. I'm just so very shocked that she would act like this after all that I have done for her. I helped her get out of her apartment (with another friend) after she got pregnant and her boyfriend couldn't move in. I guess my judgement with befriending her, helping her move, helping her get a booth rent job, and just being a true friend. Teaches me that I won't stick my neck out for people that I truely don't know. I have a few good friends and I think I will just stick with them and not try to make the world a better place.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear that... hopefully things will get better!! *HUGS* Love you Aunt Joyce!!!