Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Back Online

Since we have been here we have had trouble with our DSL. This past week was the topper. We were totally without Internet and I about went nuts. When we first got DSL it worked some, but last Monday it totally crashed and Verizon couldn't make it work again. Poor Don spent over 4 hours with Gateway because Verizon told us it was our computer. Gateway had Don "fix" things and then it still won't work. So yesterday Verizon finally sent someone that could really "fix" our problem. Hopefully this will be the real fix.

But since I couldn't be online Don decided to take me for a drive. (He takes me for drives, but this time it was during the day so I really could see what was out there.) We went to a place called Dunedin. It has deep Scottish roots...very beautiful. When we went there was something going on in town and there were SO MANY people. We had decided to just drive and go back another day when there weren't a million people is such a small place. I do have to tell you when driving to Dunedin---it's like driving to Logansport--small roads--nowhere to pass cars--I looked up and the car in front of us was from Indiana "34" license plate. Yes someone from Kokomo---I pointed it out to Don and we just laughed. How likely was it that we saw a Indiana license plate from Kokomo? Made me feel almost better that day! But here are some pictures of our outing!



Everyone is getting ready for Christmas...Yes and some are putting lights half way up Palm trees. I'll take pictures of that because I think that is the dumbest thing ever!


We went to a bird rescue place. It was FREE, but some of the local birds came to visit too. We saw these pelicans just wondering the place. Maybe this was really a bird jail and they were visiting! I'm not sure!


These white birds are EVERYWHERE! There was at least one on top of each cage at this bird rescue place.




Don thought Stephen would like this sign. I'm not sure if you can read it, but this bird is the "Brown Booby" bird. It looks like a brown duck. There was also a bird that sounded like it was burping when it "talked". At first I thought it was Don but it was really this dang bird. Very Funny!


While that is all my pictures for now. My camera has been giving me problems so I'm going to have to figure out what the heck is wrong with it. I'm also going to have to keep a cheap camera in the car for the trips to the store. Last night I wished I had my camera because we passed something that made me laugh, and it would have been great to get a picture of it. So I'll work on that soon! I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and we will post soon!

No comments: