Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's raining...

Today I didn't need it to rain! But that is what it is doing. It has been over cast most of the day with sprinkles off and on. But with being really homesick today...I needed sunshine. But it finally just started to pour. When you look out my front windows you look down into a court yard of apartments...not very pretty...and my neighbors across from us ... that live downstairs are always in and out of their apartment. It's only a 2 bedroom apartment...but I swear there are about 10 people living in it...they are always coming, going, sitting outside smoking, or like right now...standing in the doorway smoking. I really think they have a restaurant going on in there. There are people coming on bikes picking up sacks of food (I know this because you can smell it when they open their front door). Sometimes they make me nervous there are men and women, but all they do is sit and stare--then they talk about you in a tongues you don't understand.

I don't like that we have no real private porch either. Some apartments do...but we do not because we have a "den" or extended dining area. We have a little porch right outside our door which would be good if we had plants...but we can't right now because our building is going to be painted. I'm going to try to get pictures today when I am out and about. Of our lovely community. It's okay but not the best. I guess we have to live with it for a year...and then we will look for something else...hopefully in Indiana...but I don't think that is my luck!

Today I'm so very homesick. I miss my mom/family and Kelly/friends. I hate trying to make new friends (sounds kind of dumb). But it's true...I like living in a comfort zone that if I make new friends good...and if not oh well. Being where I have NO friends at hand--I have to try to make friends. With this weather--it makes me cry, and miss "home".

Tomorrow we will be getting TV! The company is coming out and we are getting DirectTV. I'm so dang excited! We have been watching MASH--backwards...we don't have all the seasons. So I started with season 9 and worked backwards with the seasons we do have. I'm so pleased to be able to watch whatever I want...I've been missing my shows. I know that Don is excited because we will have 2 TVs that he can go in the other room and watch his silly wrestling or whatever he watches.

Well -- I have to go and get ready to pick Don up at work. I got to keep the car today to run to the bank. So now he will need a ride home. Have a good week and if you have any suggestions on how to make myself less homesick please share!

No comments: